Sunday, March 27, 2011

Note to self: add learn to sew to..."to do" list

Ouch!  Have multiple burns from working very hard with the iron today.  My 6 (and 8 mos. and counting) year old daughter has her class program on Tuesday.  It's Sunday and lots to do before work tomorrow...no time to follow in my Mamaw's footsteps (who made all my fabulous costumes as a child) and learn how to sew.  Yes, I just remembered.  Nursery rhyme-themed.  Daughter was very specific in her creative direction "it's not the scary Alice In Wonderland one mommy but the one who made tarts....Oh and the dress has to be purple."  So...mad dash to several stores (thank you Target and Michael's)...and one repurposed Tangled dress...some hearts...a little glitter here and there..and some spray glue later....  My little queen is delighted.  Would you make tarts in this? hmmm...I think I have some hearts left over to adorn an oven mitt!

No comments:

Post a Comment